Warning: if you LOVE diet soda, you may not want to read further...
Something I've been intrigued with lately are all of the sweetener options available. I thought it might be helpful to boil down the risks of each and then let you in on the 3 best options out there.
First, the No-No's...
* Aspartame (Nutrasweet; Sweet n Low):
The following symptoms are listed on the Aspartame Consumer Safety Network Fact Sheet:
headaches, nausea, vertigo, insomnia, numbness, blurred vision, blindness and other eye problems, memory loss, slurred speech, depression, personality changes, hyperactivity, stomach disorders, seizures, skin lesions, rashes, anxiety attacks, muscle cramping and joint pain, loss of energy, symptoms mimicking heart attacks, hearing loss and ear ringing, and loss or change of taste. (The Deadly Deception 1)
Aspartame has been proven to cause cancer in animals and will most likely be proven to cause cancer in humans very soon.
And that's just the beginning!
To read more: Aspartame Symptoms
* Splenda1) Splenda causes weight gain
2) Splenda contains chlorine
3) Splenda is harder to digest than sugar
4) Splenda may still cause diabetesTo read and watch more: "Why Splenda®, NutraSweet®, and the FDA May Be Hazardous to Your Health"
1) Agave Nectar may cause heart disease
2) Agave Nectar causes weight gain
3) Agave Nectar is not safe for diabetics
4) Agave Nectar may cause mineral deficiency
5) Agave Nectar may cause liver damage
For more info: The Tequila Sweetener
Your Best Options:
This sweetener actually has health benefits! Visit stevia.com
Read more at: http://www.benefits-of-honey.com/
* Raw Natural Sugar
If you must eat sugar (and we all must sometimes :), this is the best option, although there are still risks: Sugar Risks
other sources: www.fitday.com; Dr. Michael McCartney, D.C.