Sunday, May 8, 2011

(Mental) Health Tip: The Sunday Night Sweep

I'm letting you in on a little secret around the Turner household. Ready?

It's a little thing called: THE SUNDAY NIGHT SWEEP!!

It's really very simple. We spend about 40 minutes every Sunday night "sweeping" through the house picking up clutter, cleaning up, readying things for the week, and talking over our schedules.


sss2
sss

Very hard to get motivated to do this but I'm telling you, it has made a huge difference in the way we start the week. What household secret are you hiding? Also, no, I do not normally sweep in a black skirt. It may be chic but it's not simple.

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog Lauren!!!
    Ha ha! We tend to do a quick de-clutter/clean up/ trough a few things in the (ever growing) "Gioia Pile" on sundays nights!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do too!:) Sunday evening is the best time to think through the week together, and de-clutter! Also, love your two pictures! haha I was gonna tease you about your black skirt...but then saw you had already commented about it! lol So fashionable while tending to your "motherly" chores! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know we aren't the only ones! Gioia, I have a "Lauren pile" too!! It is ever-growing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt and I have a deal about the dishes since it is both of our least favorite chore. One of us puts the baby to bed (jammies, diaper, milk, etc) and the other person does the dishes. Then the next night we switch! It has been really nice for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. I'm telling the hubby! And I love your pose with the broom! Lol. I'm following via Bloggy Moms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are you guys!?

    Had a peek around your blog...am your newest follower from voicebloks.

    Fashion? Food? I'm in!

    xo
    babymama
    avagracescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete