Thought I would share some interesting info on flu shots and flu prevention as we enter the lovely season of the bug...
A few things to consider about flu shots:
- They are created each year by guessing which virus bugs will be floating around (in other words, they sometimes don't even target the correct illnesses that become prevalent)
- They may suppress your immune system. This is part of how all vaccines work but puts you more at risk for chronic illness or even more serious types of infection.
- Flu shots contain mercury which is a neurotoxin (in other words it is bad for you)
- There are other ways to prevent getting the flu (or at least minimize your chances)
-Vitamin D: The main reason that the flu is more common in the winter months is that we get less sunshine so our vitamin D levels are down. So, try to get 10-20 minutes of good sun a day or supplement your diet with a vitamin D vitamin (normally in drop form)
*note: you can get too much vitamin D so you should consult a doctor for dosage
- Take Omega-3 oil
- Avoid sugar and processed food (good luck this time of year!)
- Get enough sleep
- Eat garlic as a natural antibiotic
- Exercise- it gets your blood flowing which helps you fight illness
- Wash your hands with NON-antibacterial soap. Antibacterials actually make you less able to fight off disease.
*Disclaimer: I am obviously not a doctor so these are just suggestions!!
* Most info adapted from Dr. Mercola's website