Monday, June 25, 2012

Behind the Scenes: reality

 This past weekend I packed my bags...
 Said goodbye (or cried goodbye) to this little one and the big guy too.
 And went to Orlando for the first ever Gospel Coalition Women's Conference
(Ok, I got there a little early for some pool time.  The sessions were, sadly, not held at the pool.)
 The setting was beautiful.
 The 16 sessions I attended were life-altering.


 Had girl talk and deep talks with my sweet mom in law over uninterrupted meals.

 And heard some of my favorite speakers and teachers: Tim Keller, John Piper, Elyse Fitzpatrick and my new favorite Paige Benton Brown.

In some ways I had to come back to reality yesterday but in another way, I just spent 4 days more aware of what "reality" really is.  We think of reality as our everyday life in which we lose sight of the purpose in all that we do.  But soaking for 4 days in who God really is and how that changes everything is more real than anything.  
So I'm hoping to bring reality more deeply into my every day.
I cannot wait to share more with you.  I'm kind of on overload just soaking it in.  
I'm so grateful that God's word is living and active and has the ability to change us from the inside out.  We really are hopeless without that.
All of the sessions will be posted online FOR FREE in a few short weeks so I will let you know when they are up and tell you which sessions you cannot miss.




No comments:

Post a Comment