Monday, November 5, 2012

Behind the Scenes: fwick o fweat

DSC_0269DSC_0265 DSC_0262

As most days with a 2 1/2 year old, the day started out rough.  Wrestling him into his costume and trying to explain why our neighbors were giving out candy and what he had to do to get it 
(more for me than for him if I'm honest).

But that moment when I watched him toddle up to the door saying "ding dong," then proceeding to ring the bell with a fury, yell "fwick o fweat" (that boy loves the letter "f"), squeal with delight as he grabbed a fistful and then bouncing away yelling "thank you", I caught myself giggling with delight.

Graham, you make me feel a little crazy most days but also deeply delighted.
As a wise friend recently told me, "Appreciate that he is spirited and strong and not a follower.  God is going to redeem those qualities."

I'm finally embracing more deeply (at least on some days) that this is what I'm called to-
 to train and mold this little ball of energy while encouraging his passionate spirit.
A huge task and an even "huger" honor. 

1 comment: