Wednesday, July 6, 2011

It's What's for Dinner: Eggplant Parmesan

I just started receiving a box of produce each week from The Produce Box.
The Produce Box (and other companies like this one) delivers locally grown, farm-fresh produce to your door every week during the state's growing season.
It is a great way to try new types of produce and save money.
This week, my box came with eggplant. My sweet husband does not like eggplant but I thought if it was breaded and covered in sauce and cheese maybe I could get away with it.

Eggplant Parmesan:

-Dip slices of eggplant in raw egg and then breadcrumbs
- Lay flat on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes on each side

DSC_2679

-In a 9x13 pan, layer eggplant, spaghetti sauce, mozarella cheese, parmesan cheese and dried basil ( I did 3 repeat layers)
DSC_2683
Bake for 35 minutes at 350

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks really easy and I bet it was delicious. Will try!

    ReplyDelete