Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Behind the Scenes: I'm grateful for...

I do love that November brings the reminder to be grateful.  I've heard that gratefulness is the antidote to worry and I think that must be true.  So 10 things I'm thankful for this season.

1- Jesus- that he lived the life I couldn't live and died the death I deserved so that I could have the life that is truly life.
2- My parents and sister who have loved me so well and challenged me deeply.
3- My in-laws and sister and brother in law and soon-to-be nephew who feel like an extension of my own family and who welcomed me and continue to welcome me as one of their own.
4- My husband.  Our united hearts and the delight he brings to me daily.  I married way up.
5- My son. It's a privilege to raise him.  He loves life and people and his quirkiness cracks me up!
6- Our home.  We bought our first home this year and I can't believe what a daily gift it is.
7- Our church. I can't believe we get to work and do life at a place that helps us grow and encourages us so deeply.
8- Getting to go back to grad school.  So unexpected and so thrilling!
9- Our little one one the way.
10- Girlfriends who feel like sisters.  Some are spread around the country and others are right here in my daily life.





No comments:

Post a Comment